Why Do I Need a Maintenance Plan for my WordPress Site?
Your WordPress website needs regular maintenance to perform at its optimum. Updates are always being made to WordPress itself as well as themes and plugins, and keeping your WordPress installation up-to-date is extremely important on many levels, especially since so many WordPress updates are security fixes and patches that will prevent potential exploits of the vulnerabilities of your website, blog or E-commerce site.
Because WordPress is so widespread, it is constantly being targeted by hackers who will try to break into your site and wreak havoc. As soon as the WordPress developers find these vulnerabilities, they create patches to fix them, leading to regular updates that will keep your WordPress installation clean and safe. If you do not keep your WordPress installation current, you risk becoming the next victim to malicious attacks that can be easily prevented by keeping your WordPress code up-to-date.
Monthly Website Maintenance Plans
Let us free you from worry about your website maintenance, so you can focus on your business. Choose one of our monthly maintenance plans, and leave the technical details, and the worrying to us!
Services Not Included
Recovery of hacked websites is not included in our maintenance plans, as websites can be hacked at any time and we do not have control over this. We recommend that you use strong passwords for all WordPress sites and hosting accounts, at all times.
Additional Hourly Services
If further technical assistance or updates are needed, We’re happy to help with that. Just contact us for a quote on the services you need.
Payments are made quarterly or annually. Please mention your preference when contacting us to sign up for a Maintenance Plan. (Save 1 months Plan Fee if paying annually!) Maintenance plans will run continuously but may be cancelled at any time, with 30 days notice. If it’s not working out for you, no problem! We’re happy to stop the plan when needed, with just a little notice.
Why WordPress Maintenance Plans Matter Right Now
With WordPress currently powering over 26% of all Internet websites, there is no doubt about its dominance as the software of choice for designing and developing sites, and that market share continues to increase today, assuring the long-term dominance of WordPress.
What must be include in a Good WordPress Maintenance Plans
(aka “Care Plans”)
These are the benefits to the client and how we add great value to your Care Plan.
(If your just looking for education please use the below as a guide for your own use)
- Core updates – WordPress does provide its own core updates periodically, but a great way for you to add value to this is to always check the website afterward, to ensure that nothing has been corrupted or made non-operational.
- Plugin updates – Plugins can be broken or degraded after updates, so these should also be verified after any kind of update. Ideally, all plugin updates should be conducted on a Staging site to confirm functionality, and then pushed to the live site when verified.
- Theme updates – Themes and theme frameworks should be verified after updating, just like core updates and plugin updates.
- Daily/weekly backups – Data should be backed up daily, and the entire website should be backed up on a weekly basis, to ensure that all changes are captured effectively, should there be a need to revert to an earlier version.
- Security monitoring – The extraordinary popularity of WordPress has made it a very inviting target for hackers, so more and more hackers are being drawn to WordPress sites. This makes WordPress security an even more critical aspect of any Care Plan.
- Uptime monitoring – Some kind of software like Pingdom should be used, both for your information and the client’s, to be aware of weekly and monthly uptime. If there’s a problem, this will help you to identify and address it, and if there are no problems, you’ll have the advantage of being able to proclaim the rock-solid status of the website to your client.
Please have a Chat with us or leave a call back-request by clicking on the icon (bottom left corner)
Or Fill in our Contact Form.